The following page describes how Sesame Seeds can help you to fight various diseases like Piles, Skin Disorders, Anaemia, Dysentery and Diarrhoea, Abortion, Respiratory Disorders, Menstrual Disorders, Hair Disorders. Read the following passages about Sesame Seeds advantages and find Sesame Seeds effects on your body-
Sesame Seeds – Health Benefits
Sesame Seeds advantages are numerous. Following is the list of benefits which Sesame Seeds gives you. The following paragraph focuses on Sesame Seeds health benefits.
1. Benefits of Sesame Seeds in Piles or Treatment of Piles with Sesame Seeds- Sesame seeds are highly beneficial in the treatment of piles. They can be taken in the form of decoction or as sweet-meats. Ground to paste with water, they are given with butter for bleeding piles.
2. Benefits of Sesame Seeds in Skin Disorders or Treatment of Skin Disorders with Sesame Seeds – A poultice of the sesame seeds can be applied externally with beneficial results over ulcers, burns and scalds. External application of a mixture of equal parts of sesame oil and lime water is also effective in these conditions. The oil is also used as a substitute for olive oil in pharmaceutical preparations for external uses.
3. Benefits of Sesame Seeds in Anaemia or Treatment of Anaemia with Sesame Seeds- Black sesame seeds, as a rich source of iron, are valuable in anaemia. An emulsion of the seeds is prepared by grinding and straining them after soaking them in warm water for a couple of hours. This emulsion, mixed with a cupful of milk and sweetened with jaggery, should be given to patients suffering from anaemia.
4. Benefits of Sesame Seeds in Dysentery and Diarrhoea or Treatment of Dysentery with Sesame Seeds- Sesame seeds are useful in dysentery and diarrhoea. Two tablespoonfuls of the seeds should be lightly roasted on a frying pan. They should then be ground into fine powder and mixed with one tablespoon of cow’s ghee. The mass should be divided into three parts. Each part should be used with boiled goat’s milk thrice daily for six days by the patients suffering from chronic dysentery or diarrhoea. It acts as an excellent medicine in these conditions.
5. Benefits of Sesame Seeds in Abortion or Causing Abortion with Sesame Seeds- Sesame seeds are traditionally used as a medicine for causing abortion. One tablespoonful of the seeds should be ground with an equal quantity of palm jaggery and used twice daily in the early stage of pregnancy for this purpose. It excites thy: uterine contractions and thus expels the fertilized ovum.
6. Benefits of Sesame Seeds in Respiratory Disorders or Treatment of Respiratory Disorders with Sesame Seeds- The seeds are valuable in respiratory disorders. An infusion of sesame seeds, mixed with a tablespoonful of linseed, a pinch of common salt and a dessertspoonful of honey, should be given once at night with beneficial results, in acute and chronic bronchitis, pneumonia and asthma. It acts as an expectorant.
7. Benefits of Sesame Seeds in Menstrual Disorders or Treatment of Menstrual Disorders with Sesame Seeds- Half a teaspoon of the powder of sesame seeds taken with hot water twice daily acts excellently in reducing spasmodic pain during menstruation in young unmarried anaemic girls. Its regular use, two days prior to the expected periods, cures scanty menstruation. A warm hip bath containing a handful of bruised sesame seeds should be simultaneously taken along with this recipe.
8. Benefits of Sesame Seeds in Hair Disorders or Treatment of Hair Disorders with Sesame Seeds- Crushed leaves of sesame are considered beneficial in the treatment of dandruff. A decoction made from the leaves and root is used as a hair wash. It is said to prevent premature greying of hair and promote their growth.
Sesame is grown for its edible seeds which are the source of gingelly oil. This oil is used as a substitute for olive oil as a salad dressing and in cooking. The fried seeds are eaten in soups and, mixed with sugar, are a popular sweetmeat in Africa and Asia.