The following page describes how Radish vegetable can help you to fight various diseases like Piles, Genito-Urinary Disorders, Chest Complaints, Jaundice, Leucoderma, Other Skin Disorders. Read the following passages about Radish vegetable advantages and find Radish effects on your body
Radish – Health Benefits
Radish advantages are numerous. Following is the list of benefits which Radish gives you. The following paragraph focuses on Radish health benefits.
1. Benefits of Radish in Piles or Treatment of Piles with Radish- The juice and the fresh root is regarded as an effective food remedy in piles. It should be given in doses of 60 to 90 ml. morning and evening.
2. Benefits of Radish in Genito-Urinary Disorders or Treatment of Genito Urinary Disorders with Radish- This juice is also beneficial in the treatment of dysuria on painful urination and strangury or severe urethral pain. It may be given in doses mentioned above and repeated as often as necessary. A cupful of radish leaf-juice given once daily for a fortnight acts as a curative medicine in dissolving gravel in the urinary tract and cystitis—i.e. inflammation of the urinary bladder.
3. Benefits of Radish in Chest Complaints or Treatment of Chest Complaints with Radish- A syrup prepared by mixing a teaspoonful of fresh radish juice with equal quantity of honey and a little rock salt is highly beneficial in the treatment of hoarseness, whooping cough, bronchial disorders and other chest complaints. It should be given thrice daily.
4. Benefits of Radish in Jaundice or Treatment of Jaundice with Radish- Green leaves of radish are beneficial in the treatment of jaundice. The leaves should be pounded and their juice expressed out through a piece of thin cloth. It should be sweetened to one’s taste by adding fine crystalline sugar. About half a Kg. of this juice should be taken daily by an adult patient. This provides immediate relief. The preparation induces healthy appetite and proper evacuation of bowels which gradually reduces the trouble.
5. Benefits of Radish in Leucoderma or Treatment of Leucoderma with Radish- A paste made from the seeds of the radish is valuable in leucoderma. About 35 gm. of these seeds should be powdered in vinegar and applied on the white patches of leucoderma. For better results, seeds should be finely pounded along with a pinch of arsenic poison and soaked in vinegar at night. After two hours leaves will appear. It should be rubbed on the white patches of leucoderma.2 This preparation is meant for external use only.
6. Benefits of Radish in Other Skin Disorders or Treatment of Skin Disorders with Radish- Radish seeds contain a bleaching substance and emulsion of the seeds with water applied over the face will remove blackheads and freckles. It can also be applied with beneficial results in the treatment of ring worm.