The following page describes how Lemon fruit can help you to fight various diseases like Scurvy, Oral Diseases, Throat Disorders, Burning Soles and Heels, Digestive Problems, Fevers, Haemorrhage, Enlargement of Spleen, Rheumatic Affections, Obesity, Cold, Circulatory Disorders, Cholera, Foot Relaxation, Corn, Beauty Aid. Read the following passages about Lemon fruit advantages and find Lemon effects on your body-
Lemon – Health Benefits
1. Benefits of Lemon in Scurvy or Treatment of Scurvy with Lemon- The lemon is chiefly valued for its vitamin C content. It’s juicy contains more vitamin than the whole fruit, being about 60 mg. per 100 giant. The juice also contains an appreciable quantity of vitamin B. ‘This makes it antiscorbutic or an excellent food medicine for the prevention and treatment of scurvy. A mixture of one part of lemon juice, three parts of water and a desirable quantity of sugar or honey should be taken in this condition.
2. Benefits of Lemon in Oral Diseases or Treatment of Oral Diseases with Lemon– Due to its high content of vitamin C, lemon strengthens the gums and teeth. It is also very effective for preventing and curing acute inflammations of the gum margins, pyorrhoea, dental caries and other oral diseases.
3. Benefits of Lemon in Throat Disorders or Treatment of Throat Disorders with Lemon- Lemon is highly beneficial in the treatment of throat disorders such as catarrh, choking sensation and itching sensitivities. A ripe unpeeled lemon should be roasted slowly until it begins to crack open. Then one teaspoonful Of the juice with a little honey should be taken once every hour, or the same juice of the roasted lemon in a glass of boiled water should be taken flavoured with honey. It should be sipped slowly.
4. Benefits of Lemon in Burning Soles and Heels or Treatment of Burning Soles and Heels with Lemon- Sliced lemon should be rubbed over the entire burning soles and heels of feet. A great deal of toxin elimination takes place through the pores of the feet. The lemon application promotes such elimination and keeps the feet free front pain and distress.
5. Benefits of Lemon in Digestive Problems or Treatment of Digestive Problems with Lemon- A ripe lemon is a good appetiser. The lemon juice stimulates the flow of saliva and gastric juice used is regarded as an excellent digestive agent. It destroys intestinal worms and eliminates the gases formed in the digestive tract. It is highly beneficial in the treatment of several digestive problems like dyspepsia, constipation and biliousness. Heartburn is easily relieved by taking the juice of half a lemon in a. little water.
6. Benefits of Lemon in Fevers or Treatment of Fever with Lemon– Lemon juice makes an effective thirst-quenching drink in pox, measles, scarlet and other fevers which are attendant with extreme thirst and very hot and dry skin. About 15 to 25 gm. of lemon juice should be taken in these conditions.
7. Benefits of Lemon in Haemorrhage or Treatment of Haemorrhage with Lemon- Lemon is effective in the haemorrhage or bleeding of lungs. stomach, intestines, uterus, kidneys and other internal organs. In these cases, lemon juice should be taken with water several times a day:
8. Benefits of Lemon in Enlargement of Spleen or Treatment of Enlargement of Spleen with Lemon- Lemons are valuable in the case of enlargement of the spleen. Two lemons, cut up into halves and slightly heated after adding a little sa1t, have proved beneficial in this condition.
9. Benefits of Lemon in Rheumatic Affections or Treatment of Rheumatic Affections with Lemon- Though the lemon juice is sour in taste, its reaction in the body is alkaline and as such, it is valuable in the treatment of rheumatic affections such as gout, rheumatism, sciatica, lumbago, pain in hip joints which result from too much acid in the body. A sufficient intake of lemon juice prevents the deposit of uric acid in the tissues and thus reduces the possibility of an attack of gout.
10. Benefits of Lemon in Obesity or Treatment of Obesity with Lemon- Exclusive lemon juice is an effective remedy for obesity. On the first day, the patient should be given nothing but plenty of water. On the second day juice of three lemons mixed with an equal amount of water should be given. One lemon should be subsequently increased each day until the juice of 12 lemons is consumed per day. Then the number of lemons should be decreased in the same order until three lemons are taken in a day. The patient may feel weak and hungry on the first two days, but afterwards, the condition will stabilise by itself.
11. Benefits of Lemon in Cold and Treatment of Cold with Lemon- London’s first influenza epidemic in November 1931 was cured, not by doctors, but by lemon. Someone has appropriately said, “A lemon a day keeps a cold away.” Fora bad cold, the juice of two lemons in half-a-litre of boiling water, sweetened with honey, taken at bedtime, is a very effective remedy.
12. Benefits of Lemon in Circulatory Disorders or Treatment of Circulatory Disorders with Lemon- The lemon is a rich source of vitamin P and it contains 1.75 mg. of this vitamin per 100 gm. It is found both in the juice and peel of the fruit. This vitamin is essential for controlling haemorrhage in a ‘variety of conditions and for preventing capillary fragility. It is, therefore, regarded as a valuable food medicine in high blood pressure and arterio-sclerosis. It strengthens the entire arterial system and consequently, is of value in many circulatory disorders and heart weakness.
Lemon peel is equally effective in these disorders. Shredded lemon peel may be added to soups and stews, or sprinkled.over salad. To make a medicine, the peel of one or two lemons may be cut finely and keep in warm water for about 12 hours. A teaspoonful may be taken every three hours, or immediately before or after a meal.
13. Benefits of Lemon in Cholera or Treatment of Cholera with Lemon- Lemon has been provided by nature with .vondertul anticholera properties. Lemon juice can kill cholera bacilli within a very short time. It is also a very effective and reliable preventive food item against cholera during the epidemic. For this purpose, it can be taken in the form of sweetened or salted beverages. Taking of lemon with food as a daily routine also saves from cholera.
14. Benefits of Lemon in Foot Relaxation or Treatment of Foot Relaxation with Lemon- Those who have to walk long distances will derive comfort by often soaking their feet in hot water and then. a thorough rubbing of the feet with lemon juice. The benefit here is in the contrasting actions of the hot water which opens the pores and the lemon juice which presents a cooling, astringent action. This treatment is also said to promote healthy sleep, owing to its relaxing action on the foot nerves.
15. Benefits of Lemon in Corn or Treatment of Corn with Lemon- Lemon is valuable in corns. A fresh slice of lemon should be tied over the painful area at night and it should be allowed to remain there the whole night.
16. Benefits of Lemon in Beauty Aid or Treatment of Beauty Aid with Lemon- Lemon is regarded as a youth restorative. It helps create youthful health. To help cleanse blemished skin, the area should be rubbed with a fresh piece of lemon. The juice should be soaked into the skin, allowing it to remain overnight. Strained fresh lemon juice mixed with cool water should be used to wash the hair to add to their brightness. Dry or scaly skin should be rubbed with the peel of a lemon. It will restore the skin to softness. Rough elbows can be softened by rubbing the area with the cut side of a lemon.’