The following page describes how Jambul Fruit can help you to fight various diseases like Diabetes, Polyuria, Diarrhoea and Dysentery, Piles, Liver Disorders, Female sterility. Read the following passages about Jambul Fruit advantages and find Jambul Fruit effects on your body-
Health Benefits-Jambul Fruit
1. Benefits of Jambul Fruit in Diabetes or Treatment of Diabetes with Jambul Fruit- The jambul fruit is regarded in traditional medicine as a specific against diabetes because of its effect on the pancreas. The fruit as such, the seeds and fruit juice are all useful in the treatment of this disease. The seeds contain a glucose `Jamb°line’ which is believed to have the power to check the pathological conversion of starch into sugar in cases of increased production of glucose. They are dried and powdered, This powder in doses of three grams should be given three, or four times a day mixed in water. It reduces the quantity of sugar in urine and allays the unquenchable thirst. In Ayurveda, the inner bark of the jambul tree is also used in the treatment of diabetes. The bark is dried and burnt, which produces ash of white colour. This ash should be pestled in the mortar strained and bottled. The diabetic patient should be given 65 mg. of this ash on an empty stomach with water in the morning and 135 mg. each time in the afternoon and in the evening, an hour after meals, if the specific gravity of the urine is 1.02 to 1.03. If the specific gravity ranges between 1.035 and 1.055, the ash should be given thrice daily in the quantity of about 2 gm. at a time.’
2. Benefits of Jambul Fruit in Polyuria or Treatment of Polyuria with Jambul Fruit- The power of the seeds is valuable in polyuria or production of excess urine. It should be taken in a dose of 1 gm. in the morning and evening.
3. Benefits of Jambul Fruit in Diarrhoea and Dysentery or Treatment of Diarrhoea and Dysentery with Jambul Fruit- Powder of the seed is an effective remedy for diarrhoea and dysentery. About 5 to 10 gm. of this powder should be taken with butter-milk in these conditions. An infusion of the tender leaves, which contain a high concentration of gallic and tannic acid is also given as a medicine in diarrhoea and dysentery. This infusion, prepared from 30 or 60 gm. of leaves, should be given twice or thrice daily. A decoction of the bark taken with honey is also a useful medicine for chronic diarrhoea and dysentery.
4. Benefits of Jambul Fruit in Piles or Treatment of Piles with Jambul Fruit- The jambul fruit is an effective food remedy for bleeding piles. The fruit should be taken with salt every morning for two or three months in its season. The use of the fruit in this manner in every season will effect a radical cure and save the user from bleeding piles for entire life. Fresh jambul fruit taken with honey is also an effective medicine for bleeding piles.
5. Benefits of Jambul Fruit in Liver Disorders or Treatment of Liver Disorders with Jambul Fruit- Natural acids in the jambul fruit play an important role in the secretion of digestive enzymes and stimulate the liver functions. Charaka, the well-known physician of ancient India, used this fruit in the treatment of enlargement of the liver.
6. Benefits of Jambul Fruit in Female sterility or Treatment of Female Sterility with Jambul Fruit- An infusion of the fresh tender leaves of jambul fruit, taken with honey or butter-milk, is an effective remedy for sterility and miscarriage due to ovarian or endometrium functional disorder. The leaves presumably stimulate the secretion of progesterone hormone and help the absorption of vitamin E.
The jambul fruit should not be consumed in excess. Its excessive use is bad for throat and chest. It may cause cough and accumulation of sputum in the lungs.