The following page describes how Indian Gooseberry can help you to fight various diseases like Anemia, Constipation and Diarrhoea, Dysentery, Stomach Disorders, Heart Diseases, High Blood Pressure, Rheumatic Afflictions, Dry Cough, Kidney Stones, Eye Disorders, Dental Disorders, Promoting Vigour and Vitality. Read the following passages about Indian Gooseberry advantages and find Indian Gooseberry effects on your body-
Indian Gooseberry – Health Benefits
1. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry in Respiratory Disorders and Treatment of Respiratory Disorders with Indian Gooseberry- This medicinal tonic is highly beneficial in the treatment of respiratory disorders. It is especially valuable in tuberculosis of the lungs, asthma and bronchitis.
2. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry in Diabetes or Treatment of Diabetes with Indian Gooseberry- Indian gooseberry, with its high vitamin C content, is considered valuable in diabetes. A tablespoonful of its juice, mixed with a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice, taken daily for two months will stimulate the islets of Langerhans i.e.—the isolated group of cells that the secrete hormone insulin. It thus reduces blood sugar in diabetes. Diet restrictions should be strictly observed while taking this medicine. It will also prevent eye complications in diabetes.’ Equal quantity of amla powder, Jamun powder and bitter-gourd powder also make a very useful food remedy for diabetics. A teaspoonful of this mixture once or twice a day would be effective in checking the progress of the disease.
3. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry in Heart Disease or Treatment of Heart Disease with Indian Gooseberry- Indian gooseberry is considered an effective remedy for heart disease. It tones up the functions of all the organs of the body and builds up health by destroying the heterogeneous elements and renewing the body energy.
4. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry in Eye Disorders or Treatment of Eye Disorders with Indian Gooseberry- The juice of Indian gooseberry, mixed with honey, is useful in preserving eyesight. It will also be beneficial in the treatment of conjunctivitis and glaucoma. It reduces intraocular tension in a remarkable manner. A cupful of this juice should be taken mixed with honey twice daily in such cases.
5. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry in Rheumatism or Treatment of Rheumatism with Indian Gooseberry- The Indian gooseberry is useful in the treatment of rheumatism. One teaspoonful of powder of the dry fruit mixed with two teaspoonfuls of jaggery should be taken twice daily for a month in this disease.
6. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry in Scurvy or Treatment of Scurvy with Indian Gooseberry- As an extremely rich source of vitamin C. Indian gooseberry is one of the best remedies for scurvy. Powder of dry gooseberry mixed with equal quantity of sugar should be taken in doses of one teaspoonful three times daily with milk.
7. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry in Diarrhoea and Dysentery or Treatment of Diarrhoea and Dysentery with Indian Gooseberry- The dried fruit is valuable in diarrhoea and dysentery. A drink made from amla mixed with lemon juice and misri is considered highly beneficial in controlling acute bacillary dysentery. One tablespoonful of the paste of leaves mixed with honey or butter-milk also makes an effective medicine in the treatment of diarrhoea and dysentery.
8. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry in Prevents Ageing or Treatment of Prevents Ageing with Indian Gooseberry- Indian gooseberry has revitalising effects. It contains an element which is very valuable in preventing ageing and in maintaining strength in old age. It improves body resistance and ‘) protects against infection. It strengthens the heart, hair and Different glands in the body. It is said that the great ancient sage Muni Chyawan rejuvenated himself in his late 70s and regained his virility by the use of amla.
9. Benefits of Indian Gooseberry in Hair Tonic or Hair with Indian Gooseberry- Indian gooseberry is an accepted hair tonic in traditional recipes for enriching hair growth and hair pigmentation. Then I run it, cut into pieces, is dried preferably in shade. These pieces are boiled in coconut oil till the solid matter becomes like (barred dust. This darkish oil is an excellent oil to prevent greying. The water in which dried amla pieces are soaked overnight is also nourishing to hair. This water should be used to the last rinse while washing the hair.