The following page describes how Groundnut dryfruit can help you to fight various diseases like Excessive Bleeding, Obesity, Diabetes, Diarrhoea, Teeth Disorders, Beauty Aid. Read the following passages about Groundnut dryfruit advantages and find Groundnut effects on your body-
Groundnut – Health Benefits
Groundnut advantages are numerous. Following is the list of benefits which Groundnut gives you. The following paragraph focuses on Groundnut health benefits.
1. Benefits of Groundnut in Excessive Bleeding or Treatment of Excessive Bleeding with Groundnut- Several groups of researchers Li England have reported using groundnuts or groundnut products in the treatment of haemophilia, an inherited blood disease which causes haemorrhage. Beneficial results have also been reported from the use of groundnuts in severe cases of epistaxis or nose bleeding and in cases of excessive bleeding during menstruation in women.
2. Benefits of Groundnut in Obesity or Treatment of Obesity with Groundnut- Groundnuts are considered beneficial in the treatment of obesity. Experiments have shown that weight can be reduced by eating a’ handful of roasted groundnuts with tea or coffee without sugar an hour before lunchtime. It reduces appetite and thus reduces the weight gradually.
3. Benefits of Groundnut in Diabetes or Treatment of Diabetes with Groundnut- Groundnuts are valuable in diabetes. Eating a handful of groundnuts daily by diabetics will not only prevent malnutrition, particularly the deficiency of niacin but also checks the development of vascular complications.
4. Benefits of Groundnut in Diarrhoea or Treatment of Diarrhoea with Groundnut- Groundnuts are also useful in diarrhoea, especially chronic diarrhoea which is more frequent immediately after meals. The patients can benefit greatly by drinking goat’s milk in which lemon is squeezed with a handful of freshly roasted groundnuts. This type of diarrhoea is caused due to nicotinic acid deficiency. The groundnuts, which has the required a quantity of niacin, are valuable in this disease.
5. Benefits of Groundnut in Teeth Disorders or Treatment of Teeth Disorders with Groundnut- Chewing fresh groundnuts with a pinch of salt strengthen the gum, cure stomatitis, kill harmful bacteria and safeguards the enamel of the teeth. The mouth should, however, be washed with water after eating groundnuts.
6. Benefits of Groundnut in Beauty Aid or Treatment of Beauty Aid with Groundnut- Groundnut oil can serve as a beauty aid. A teaspoon of refined groundnut oil, mixed with an equal quantity of lime juice, maybe applied daily on the face once before going to bed. It keeps the face fresh. Its regular use nourishes the skin and prevents acne.
The groundnuts are consumed in many ways and in various forms. They may be eaten raw, boiled, steamed or roasted. They are sometimes eaten as a sweetmeat by coating them with sugar. In the West, they form an important constituent of confections. They are often taken in the form of nut chocolates, candies and sandwiches.
A large number of food products are prepared from the groundnuts. The groundnut flour is becoming increasingly popular in the West. It is by far superior to wheat flour in nutritive value. Groundnuts may be used for preparing nutritive and tasty milk. About one pound of lightly roasted nuts may be soaked in water for about two hours. The skin of the nuts should be removed by rubbing in water. The soaked nuts are made into a fine paste in a stone grinder. The paste is mixed with water to the quantity of three times the bulk of the paste. It should be strained through a thin cloth before use. The milk may be boiled without loss of its food value. Sugar may be added to taste. In food value and composition. the peanut milk is similar to dairy milk and may be used as its substitute.
The groundnut milk may be converted into curd. A small quantity of the cow-milk curd may be added to the milk and allowed to remain overnight to set. It tastes like milk curd and possesses much of its qualities.
Groundnuts are often used as vegetables when the seeds are still tender. They may also be taken in their germinated form. Germination not only renders them more digestible but also enhances their food value, especially in their vitamin B and C contents.