The following page describes how Garlic vegetable can help you to fight various diseases like Chest Diseases, Asthma, Digestive System Disorders, High Blood Pressure, Rheumatic Affliction, Heart Attacks, Cancer, Skin Disorders, Wounds and Ulcers, Diphtheria, Whooping Cough, Sexual Debility. Read the following passages about Garlic vegetable advantages and find Garlic effects on your body-
Garlic – Health Benefits
Garlic advantages are numerous. Following is the list of benefits which Garlic gives you. The following paragraph focuses on Garlic health benefits.
1. Benefits of Garlic in Chest Diseases or Treatment of Chest Diseases with Garlic- Garlic has proved to be highly effective in certain diseases of the chest. It has been found to reduce fetidity of the breath in pulmonary gangrene. Dr McDuffie advocated the use of garlic in tuberculosis of the lungs, Dr F.W. Crosman once said that if garlic were given in sufficient quantities, it was a marvellous remedy in the treatment of pneumonia. This physician used garlic for many years in pneumonia and said that in no instance did it fail to bring down the temperature, as well as the pulse and respiration, within 48 hours. Garlic can also be applied, externally to the chest-with beneficial results as it is an irritant and rubefacient. In Ayurveda, a decoction of garlic boiled in milk is considered a wonderful drug for tuberculosis. One gram of garlic, 240 ml of milk and 1 litre of water are boiled together till only one-fourth of the decoction remains. It should be taken thrice in the day.
2. Benefits of Garlic in Asthma or Treatment of Asthma with Garlic- Three cloves of garlic boiled in milk can be used every night with excellent results in asthma. A pod of garlic is peeled and macerated and boiled in 120m1. of pure malt-vinegar. After cooling it is strained and an equal quantity of honey is mixed and preserved in a clean bottle. One or two teaspoons of this syrup taken with fenugreek decoction once in the evening and before retiring have been found effective in reducing the severity of asthmatic attacks.’
3. Benefits of Garlic in Digestive System Disorders or Treatment of Digestive System Disorders with Garlic- Garlic is one of the most beneficial foods for the digestive system. It exercises a beneficial effect on the lymph, aids in the elimination of noxious waste matter in the body. It stimulates peristaltic action and the secretion of the digestive juices. Crushed cloves of garlic may be infused in water or milk and taken for all types of disorders of the digestion. It has an antiseptic effect and is an excellent remedy for infectious diseases and inflammations of the stomach and intestine. The oil of garlic is absorbed into the alimentary tract and is eliminated partly through the urine. Garlic produces a very marked effect on the intestine. his an excellent agent as a worm expeller. It has also a soothing effect on the various forms of diarrhoea. Problems such as colitis, dysentery and many other intestinal upsets can be successfully treated with fresh garlic or garlic capsules One garlic capsule taken three times a day is usually sufficient to correct mild cases of diarrhoea or dysentery. For more persistent cases, up to six capsules, a day can be taken. Garlic has the ability to destroy harmful bacteria in the intestines without affecting the beneficial organisms which aid digestion.
4. Benefits of Garlic in High Blood Pressure or Treatment of High Blood Pressure with Garlic- Garlic is regarded as one of the most effective remedies to lower blood pressure. The pressure and tension are reduced because it has the power to ease the spasm of the small arteries. It also slows the pulse and modifies the heart rhythm, besides relieving the symptoms of dizziness, shortness of breath and the formation of gas within the digestive track As these days garlic capsules are available with the chemist shops, the average dosage of two to three capsules a day to be given to make a dent in the blood pressure. Dr F.G Piotrowski, working at the University of Geneva, used garlic on 100 patients suffering from abnormally high blood pressure. In about 40 per cent of the cases treated, there was a significant reduction in blood pressure within one week of the treatment. Dr Piotrowski claimed that garlic had a dilatory effect on the blood vessels, that is, it had the effect of making the blood vessels wider, thereby reducing the pressure.
5. Benefits of Garlic in Rheumatic Affliction or Treatment of Rheumatic Afflication with Garlic- In Russia garlic is used extensively in the treatment of rheumatism and associated diseases. In Britain also garlic is recommended to thematic sufferers. Recent experiments in Japan tested a garlic extract on patients with lumbago and arthritis and a large number of them were benefited without any undesirable side-effects Garlic has been shown to exhibit an anti-inflammatory property which could account for its effectiveness in the treatment of arthritis and rheumatism The most popular method is to take the garlic cloves orally, although some reports indicate that pain can also be relieved by locally rubbing the affected parts with cloves of cut garlic. Garlic oil is rapidly absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream and quickly reaches the affected areas.
6. Benefits of Garlic in Heart Attacks or Treatment of Heart Attack with Garlic- In a recent study, a West German doctor claims that garlic may prevent heart attacks. Professor Hams Reuter of Cologne University says that there is proof that garlic helps break up cholesterol in the blood vessels, thus helping in the prevention of hardening of arteries which leads to high blood pressure and heart attacks. If a patient takes garlic after a heart attack, the cholesterol level will come down. The earlier damage may not be repaired but its consumption will minimise the chances of new -attacks.
7. Benefits of Garlic in Cancer or Treatment of Cancer with Garlic- Garlic preparations, including extracts and juices, have been used successfully against cancer in both animal and human studies, says Dr. Paavo Airola, a naturopathic physician and nutritionist A study report tells of mice being infected with cancer cells, some of which were then treated with garlic extract and some were not The mice not given garlic died within 16 days the other mice lived for six months. And recent studies done in Russia have found garlic preparations to retard tumour growth not only in animals but also in human beings, writes Dr Airola.
8. Benefits of Garlic in Skin Disorders or Treatment of Skin Disorders with Garlic- Garlic has also been used successfully for a variety of skin disorders Pimples disappear without scar when rubbed with raw garlic several times a day. Even very persistent form of acne, suffered by some adults, has also been healed with garlic. The external use of garlic helps to clear the skin of spots and pimple and boils. The process is further helped by taking the garlic orally also, to purify the blood-stream so as to secure a long-term clearance of the skin. A regular course of three garlic capsules per day should help to clear minor skin infections quickly.
9. Benefits of Garlic in Wounds and Ulcers or Treatment of Wounds and Ulcers with Garlic- Garlic has been used as an antiseptic in wounds and ulcerations with beneficial results. Garlic juice with three parts of distilled water has been employed as a lotiOn for cleansing infected wounds. Definite improvement is noticed within 24 hours and substantial improvement within 48 hours.6 Application of dressing containing 15 per cent garlic juice once a day over an ulcer removes pus in a few days. It also relieves pain 4 within a short time. Russian physicians are making extensive use of garlic in the healing of wounds.
10. Benefits of Garlic in Diphtheria or Treatment of Diptheria with Garlic- Garlic is considered an excellent remedy for diphtheria. Its constant application b chewing a clove of garlic removes the membranes, reduces temperature and relieves the patient. About 30 or 60 gms. of garlic On be used in this way in three or four hours for a week Aft r the membrane disappears, the same quantity of garlic sh uld be chewed daily. The diphtheritic patient has no taste or smell and merely finds the garlic hot.
11. Benefits of Garlic in Whooping Cough or Treatment of Whooping Cough with Garlic- Garlic is an excel light remedy for whooping cough. Syrup of garlic should be given in doses of five drops to a teaspoonful two or three times a day in this condition. It should be given more often if the coughing spells are frequent and violent.
12. Benefits of Garlic in Sexual Debility or Treatment of Sexual Debility with Garlic- Garlic is a natural and ‘harmless aphrodisiac. Even Dr Robinson, an eminent sexologist of America considers it so. It is a. tonic for loss of sexual power from any cause, sexual debility. impotency from over-indulgence in sex and nervous exhaustion from dissipating habit. It is said to be especially useful to old men of high nervous tension and diminishing sexual power.
Garlic like onions, leeks, and various garden flower belongs to the plant of the genus called Allium. Garlic is the most widely used of the cultivated alliums after onions. It is used both as food and seasoning. It is, however, extensively used as a flavouring and .seasoning in the preparation of soups, sauces and pickles. In Spain and Italy, it is used in combination with almost every food.