The following page describes how Date fruit can help you to fight various diseases like Intestinal Disturbances, Constipation, Intoxication, Weak Heart, Sexual Debility, Children’s Diseases. Read the following passages about Date fruit advantages and find Date effects on your body-
Date – Health Benefits
1. Benefits of Date in Intestinal Disturbances or Treatment of Intestinal Disturbances with Banana- The nicotinic content in dates is an excellent remedy for intestinal disturbances. According to Metchnikoff, the great Russian scientist, liberal use of dates keeps in check the growth of pathological organisms and helps to establish a colony of friendly bacteria in the intestines.’
2. Benefits of Date in Constipation or Treatment of Constipation with Date- The date is a laxative food. It is highly beneficial in the treatment of constipation as the roughage provided by it stimulates sluggish bowels. They should be immersed in water at night and taken after making them into fine syrup the next morning to secure a laxative effect.
3. Benefits of Date in Intoxication or Treatment of Intoxication with Date- Dates are an excellent remedy for alcoholic intoxication. In such cases, drinking water in which fresh dates have been rubbed or soaked will bring quick relief.
4. Benefits of Date in Weak Heart or Treatment of Weak Heart with Date- Dates are an effective remedy for a weak heart. Dates soaked overnight in water and crushed in the same water in the morning after removing the seeds should be taken at least twice a week in this condition. It will strengthen the heart.
5. Benefits of Date in Sexual Debility or Treatment of Sexual Debility with Date- Dates are highly beneficial in! the treatment of sexual weakness. A handful of dates soaked in fresh goat’s milk overnight should be ground in the same milk in the morning. A pinch of cardamom powder and honey should be mixed in this preparation. This becomes a very useful tonic for improving sex stamina and sterility due to functional disorders.
6. Benefits of Date in Children’s Diseases or Treatment of Children’s Diseases- According to Dr Aman, a date tied to the wrist of the baby and allowed to be sucked by him during teething time hardens the gums and prevents other complaints like fretfulness at.d diarrhoea A teaspoonful of a paste of the date prepared with honey is an effective medicine for diarrhoea and dysentery during teething. It should be given three times a day.
The dates require great care for selection. The sticky surface of the date attracts dust and impurities of the air to settle there. It is, therefore, advisable to purchase the best varieties in good packing condition and to wash them thoroughly before use.