The following page describes how Coconut fruit can help you to fight various diseases like Intestinal Worms, Acidity, Digestive System Disorder, Dry Cough, Cholera, Urinary Disorders, Bilious Fever, Ascites, Skin Disorders. Read the following passages about Coconut fruit advantages and find Coconut effects on your body-
Coconut – Health Benefits
Coconut advantages are numerous. Following is the list of benefits which Coconut gives you. The following paragraph focuses on Coconut health benefits. Coconut and diabetes, Coconut allergy,
1. Benefits of Coconut in Intestinal Worms or Treatment of Intestinal Worms with Coconut- The coconut is an ancient and very effective remedy for intestinal worms of all kinds. A tablespoonful of the freshly ground coconut should be taken at breakfast, followed by a dose of castor oil after three hours. The process may be repeated until the cure is complete.’
2. Benefits of Coconut in Acidity or Treatment of Acidity with Coconut- The mature dried coconut is valuable in the treatment of acidity. Its oil reduces the acid secretion of the stomach and gives much relief to the patient.
3. Benefits of Coconut in Digestive System Disorder or Treatment of Digestive System Disorder with Coconut- Tender kernel of coconut is highly beneficial in the treatment of digestive system disorders. It is valuable in diseases like indigestion, colitis, gastric ulcers, diarrhoea, dysentery and piles. The tender coconut water is also an excellent remedy for flatulence, vomiting and dyspepsia. In vomiting, it is food medicine of great value when other methods of allaving it has failed.
4. Benefits of Coconut in Dry Cough or Treatment of Dry Cough with Coconut- Coconut milk, mixed with a tablespoonful of poppy seeds, milk and pure honey one tablespoonful, taken every night before going to bed, is an effective food remedy for dry cough due to throat irritation or due to excessive smoking.
5. Benefits of Coconut in Cholera or Treatment of Cholera with Coconut- Tender coconut water is very useful in cholera. Eight to 12 ounces of this water mixed with a teaspoonful of fresh lime juice should be administered orally to the patient. It rectifies the electrolyte balance and neutralizes the acidosis of the blood. Coconut water is a known source of potassium-rich fluid, and since cholera patients can almost invariably take oral fluids following initial correction of shock and acidosis, the experts suggest an intake of coconut water is a must for cholera patients.
6. Benefits of Coconut in Urinary Disorders or Treatment of Urinary Disorders with Coconut- The coconut water is valuable in urinary disorders. It acts as a natural diuretic in heart, liver and kidney disorders such as scanty and suppressed urination, albuminuria that in presence of protein in the urine, dropsy and high acidity of urine.
7. Benefits of Coconut in Bilious Fever or Treatment of Bilious Fever with Coconut- Coconut water is highly beneficial in the treatment of bilious fever. It should be given frequently in small doses. Water should, however, not be taken immediately after taking coconut water. It may be taken after some time, if necessary.
8. Benefits of Coconut in Ascites or Treatment of Ascites with Coconut- It is a disease which causes swelling in the stomach due to fluid accumulation. Coconut water is valuable in ascites. The patient should be given two or three glassesful of coconut water to drink. This quantity may be increased or decreased according to the condition and the needs of the patient.
9. Benefits of Coconut in Skin Disorders or Treatment of Skin Disorders with Coconut- The oil extracted from the flesh of the ripe nut is an effective dressing for burns and scalds. It is of great value in the preparation of ointments as it penetrates the skin readily. The tar-like fluid obtained from the red, hot shell of a ripe nut is a rubefacient which causes reddening and warming of the skin. It is a household remedy for ringworm, itch and other skin diseases.
The coconut is widely used in the preparation of many products. The oil is the most important of these products. It is used in cooking and made into cocoa jam, toco butter, mat gaunt vegetable butter and salad oil. The oil is a haft-restorer and is used as hair oil in all parts of the country. Dried coconut is used in cooking and in various preparations of sweets and curries. The milk from a dried coconut is a fine medium of cooking in place of ghee or oil.