The following page describes how Bengal Grain can help you to fight various diseases like Diabetes, Anaemia, Digestive System Disorder, Painful Menstruation, Skin and Hair Disease, Sexual Dysfunction. Read the following passages about Bengal Grain advantages and find Bengal Grain effects on your body-
Bengal Grain – Health Benefits
Bengal Grain advantages are numerous. Following is the list of benefits which Bengal Grain gives you. The following paragraph focuses on Bengal Grain health benefits.
1. Benefits of Dhal in Diabetes or Treatment of Diabetes with Dhal- Experiments have shown that the intake of water extract of Bengal gram enhances the utilization of glucose in both—the diabetic and the normal persons. Tests were conducted at CFTRI Laboratories in Mysore, on a chronic diabetic patient whose insulin requirement was of the order of 40 units a day. When kept on a diet which included liberal supplements of Bengal gram extract, the condition of the patient improved considerably and his insulin requirement was reduced to about ‘ 20 units per day. Diabetic patients who are on a prescribed diet which does not severely restrict the intake of carbohydrates, but includes liberal amounts of Bengal gram extract, have shown considerable improvement in their fasting blood sugar levels, glucose tolerance, urinary excretion of sugar and general condition.
2. Benefits of Dhal in Anaemia or Treatment of Anaemian with Dhal– Fresh juice of Bengal gram leaves is a very rich source of iron. It is, therefore, highly beneficial in the treatment of iron-deficiency anaemias. A tablespoonful of fresh juice mixed with honey should be taken in this condition.
3. Benefits of Dhal in Digestive System Disorder or Treatment of Digestive System Disorder with Dhal- An acid liquid is obtained by collecting the dew drops from the leaves by spreading a thin white cloth over the crop at night or by any other means. This acid liquid contains about 94 per cent mali( acid and 6 per cent oxalic acid and is used medicinally. It is a valuable astringent for use in dyspepsia, vomiting, indigestion, costiveness, diarrhoea and dysentery.
4. Benefits of Dhal in Painful Menstruation or Treatment of Painful Menstruation with Dhal- A bath prepared by putting the entire Bengal gram plant in hot water is highly beneficial in painful menstruation. It may be taken in the form of a sitting steam bath.
5. Benefits of Dhal in Skin and Hair Disease or Treatment of Skin and Hair Disease with Dhal- Flour of the unroasted Bengal gram is a very effective cleansing agent and its regular use as a cosmetic bleaches the skin. In allergic skin diseases like eczema, contact dermatitis, scabies, washing the skin with this flour will be highly beneficial. The Bengal gram flour can be beneficially used in the treatment of pimples. The flour should be mixed with curd to make a paste. This paste should be applied to the face. It should be washed off after some time. Washing the hair with Bengal gram flour keeps them clean, soft and free from hair diseases.
6. Benefits of Dhal in Sexual Dysfunction or Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction with Dhal- Flour of the puffed Bengal gram is a very nutritive food and an effective remedy for impotency and premature ejaculation. For better results, two tablespoonfuls of this flour should be mixed with sugar, powdered dates and skimmed milk powder. It can be packed in airtight tins and used when required.