The following page describes how Banana fruit can help you to fight various diseases like Intestinal Disorder, Constipation and Diarrhoea, Dysentery, Arthritis, Anaemia, Allergies, Kidney Disorders, Tuberculosis, Urinary Disorders, Over-weight, Menstrual Disorders, Burns and Wounds. Read the following passages about Banana fruit advantages and find Banana effects on your body-
Banana Health Benefits
1. Benefits of Banana in Intestinal Disorder and Treatment of Intestinal Disorder with Banana- The banana is used as a dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and blandness. It is said to contain an unidentified compound called, perhaps jokingly, ‘vitamin (against ulcer). It is the only raw fruit which can be eaten without distress in chronic ulcer cases It neutralises the over-acidity of the gastric juices and reduces the irritation of the ulcer by coating the lining of the stomach
Ripe bananas are highly beneficial in the treatment of ulcerative whits, being bland, smooth, easily -digestible and slightly laxative They relieve acute symptoms and promote the healing process
2. Benefits of Banana in Constipation and Diarrhoea and Treatment of Constipation and Diarrhoea with Banana- Bananas are of great value both in constipation and diarrhoea as they normalise colonic functions in the large intestine to absorb large amounts of water for proper bowel moments. Their usefulness in constipation is due to their richness in pectin, which is water-absorbent and this gives them a bulk producing ability. They also possess the ability to change the bacteria in the intestines—from the harmful type of bacilli to the beneficial acidophilus bacilli.
3. Benefits of Banana in Dysentery and Treatment of Dysentery with Banana– Mashed banana together with a little salt is a very valuable remedy for dysentery. According to Dr Kirticar, a combination of ripe plantain, tamarind and common salt is most effective in this disease. He claims to have cured several cases of both acute and chronic dysentery by this treatment.’ Ripe bananas are also very useful in dysentery of children, but they should be thoroughly mashed and beaten to the cream before use in these cases
4. Benefits of Banana in Arthritis and Gout and Treatment of Arthritis with Banana- Bananas are useful in the treatment of arthritis and gout. A diet of bananas only for three or four days is advised in these conditions. The patient can be given to eat eight or nine bananas daily during this period and nothing else.
5. Benefits of Banana in Anaemia and Treatment of Anaemia with Banana- Being high in iron content, bananas are beneficial in the treatment of anaemia. They stimulate the production of haemo-globin in the blood
6. Benefits of Banana in Allergies and Treatment of Allergies with Banana- The fruit is very useful for those who are allergic to certain foods and who suffer in consequence from skin rashes or digestive disorders or asthma. Unlike other protein foods, many of which contain an amino-acid which these persons cannot tolerate and which causes allergy. Bananas contain only benign amino-acids which in most cases ate not allergic. The fruit, however, does cause allergic reactions in certain sensitive persons and they should avoid it.
7. Benefits of Banana in Kidney Disorders and Treatment of Kidney Disorders with Banana- Bananas are valuable in kidney disorder because they’re low protein and salt content and high carbohydrate content. The., are useful in uraemia, a toxic condition of the blood due to their kidney congestion and dysfunction. In such cases, a diet of bananas should only be taken for three to four days, consuming eight to nine bananas a day. This diet is suitable for all kidney troubles, including nephritis.
8. Benefits of Banana in Tuberculosis and Treatment of Tuberculosis with Banana- Bananas are considered useful in the treatment of tuberculosis. According to Dr J. Montelvz of Brazil, South America, the juice of the plantain or the ordinary cooked bananas works miracles in the cure of tuberculosis. He claims to have cured patients with an advanced stage of tuberculosis with frequent cough, abundant expectoration of phlegm and high fever in two months by this treatment.
9. Benefits of Banana in Urinary Disorders and Treatment of Urinary Disorders with Banana- Juice from Banana stem is a well-known remedy for mutat y disorders. It improves the functional efficiency of kidney and liver thereby alleviating the discomforts and diseased condition in them. It clears the excrettonoty organs in the abdominal region of toxins and helps to eliminate them in the form of urine. It has been found to be of great help in the treatment for the removal of stones in the kidney, gall bladder, and prostate. It is advisable to mix this juice whenever possible with the juice of ash pumpkin.
10. Benefits of Banana in Over-weight and Treatment of Over-weight with Banana- A diet consisting of bananas and skimmed milk is considered an effective remedy for weight reduction. In the prescribed course of diet treatment, the daily diet is restricted to six bananas and four glasses of skimmed milk or buttermilk made from skimmed milk for a period of 10 to 15 days. Thereafter green vegetables may be introduced gradually, reducing the intake of bananas front six to four. This regimen or prescribed course of diet treatment can be continued until the desired results are achieved. Bananas are suitable for overweight people as they contain practically no sodium.
11. Benefits of Banana in Menstrual Disorders and Treatment of Menstrual Disorders with Banana- Cooked banana flower eaten with curd is considered an effective medicine for menstrual disorders like painful menstruation and excessive bleeding. Banana flower helps increase progesterone hormone which reduces the bleeding.
12. Benefits of Banana in Burns and Wounds and Treatment of Burns with Banana- A plaster is prepared by beating a ripe banana into a fine paste. It can be spread over burns and wounds and supported by a cloth bandage. It gives immediate relief. The young tender leaves of banana tree form a cool dressing for inflammations and blisters.
Ripe bananas are chiefly eaten raw as a dessert or a breakfast fruit. It is also used in a salad together with other fruits and vegetables. Unripe fruits are cooked. Banana chips are made from fully mature unripe fruits. The flour prepared from the dried unripe bananas is three times richer in minerals than the wheat flour. It is also more digestible than cereal starches and is an ideal food for infants and invalids.
Banana, taken as a table fruit, must be thoroughly ripe as otherwise, it may be difficult to digest The raw bananas contain 20 to 25 per cent starch. But during the process of ripening, this starch is almost wholly converted with assimilable sugar
Bananas should never be kept in a refrigerator as low temperature prevents their ripening. The fruit should not be taken by those who are suffering from kidney failure because of its high potassium content.