The following page describes how Apple fruit can help you to fight various diseases like Anemia, Constipation and Diarrhoea, Dysentery, Stomach Disorders, Heart Diseases, High Blood Pressure, Rheumatic Afflictions, Dry Cough, Kidney Stones, Eye Disorders, Dental Disorders, Promoting Vigour and Vitality. Read the following passages about Apple fruit advantages and find Apple effects on your body-
Apple – Health Benefits
Apple advantages are numerous. Following is the list of benefits which Apple gives you. The following paragraph focuses on Apple health benefits.
1. Benefits of Apple in Anemia or Treatment of Anemia with Apple – Apples, being rich in iron, arsenic and phosphorus, are highly beneficial in the treatment of anemia. It will be particularly useful in the form of freshly prepared apple juice. It may be taken in quantities of 1 kg. daily with beneficial results. The best time to take the juice is half an hour before meals and just before retiring to bed. The cider should be drawn from selected apples which should be thoroughly washed before crushing
2. Benefits of Apple in Constipation and Diarrhoea or Treatment of Constipation and Diarrhoea with Apple- Apples are beneficial in the treatment of both constipation and diarrhoea. Raw apples are good for constipation. At least two apples should be taken .daily for proper evacuation of bowels Cooked or baked apples are good for diarrhoea The cooking process softens the cellulose and provides bulk to the faeces.
3. Benefits of Apple in Dysentery or Treatment of Dysentery with Apple- Apples have been found useful in acute and chronic dysentery among children. Ripe and sweet apples should be crushed into a pulp and given to the child several times a day, from one to four tablespoonfuls, according to age, in this disorder The American Medical Association has also advocated the use of apples as a therapeutic agent in dysentery
4. Benefits of Apple in Stomach Disorders or Treatment of Stomach Disorders with Apple- A natural ‘apple medicine’ for the disturbed stomach is prepared by slicing a whole apple and gently pounding it until it becomes slightly mashed. It may be sprinkled with cinnamon or honey. The entire mashed apple may be eaten except for the stem and seeds It should be chewed thoroughly before swallowing This preparation should be taken several times between meals for beneficial results The all-natural medicinal substance, pectin, in the mashed apple works to create a protective coating action by virtue of its qualities as an absorbent and demulcent i.e. the soothing agent.
Shredded apple, mixed with a tablespoonful of honey and sprinkled with sesame seeds, constitute an excellent stomach tonic and an appetiser It should be taken before meals. It stimulates sluggish digestive juices and this facilitates the assimilation of food for healthful results.’
Headache Apples are highly beneficial in the treatment of all types of headache. A ripe apple, after removing the upper rind and the inner hard portion should be taken with a little salt every morning on empty stomach in such cases. This should be continued for about a week. It will yield good results even in cases of disgusting chronic headache;
5. Benefits of Apple in Heart Diseases or Treatment of Heart Diseases with Apple- Apples are of special value to heart patients. They are rich in potassium and phosphorus but low in sodium. From ancient times, apple with honey is considered a very effective remedy for functional disorders of the heart. Recent researches by Dr Elizabeth Barret-Cannor of California University have revealed that people who consume plenty of potassium through food items are likely to escape heart attacks. Apples, as a good source of potassium, help in the alleviation of heart disease
6. Benefits of Apple in High Blood Pressure or Treatment of High Blood Pressure with Apple- Apples are considered invaluable in the cases of high blood pressure. The apple diet has a rapid and considerable diuretic effect causing increased secretion of urine and thus bringing down blood pressure to normal. It also relieves the kidneys by reducing the supply of sodium chloride to a minimum In addition, it lowers the sodium level in the tissues because of the high level of potassium in apples.
7. Benefits of Apple in Rheumatic Afflictions or Treatment of Rheumatic Afflictions with Apple- Apples are regarded as an excellent food medicine for gout, arthritis and rheumatism especially when these diseases are caused by uric acid poisoning. The malic acid contained in them is believed to neutralise the uric acid and afford relief to the sufferers. Apples, boiled to a jelly, make a very good liniment for rheumatic pains. They should be rubbed freely on the affected area
8. Benefits of Apple in Dry Cough or Treatment of Dry Cough with Apple- Sweet apple aye is valuable in a dry hacking cough. Nearly 250 grams of sweet apples should be taken daily for about a week to obtain relief
9. Benefits of Apple in Kidney Stones or Treatment of Kidney Stones with Apple- Apples are useful in kidney stones. In countries where the natural unsweetened cider is the common beverage, cases of stone or calculus are practically absent. The ripe fresh fruit will be more valuable.
10. Benefits of Apple in Eye Disorders or Treatment of Eye Disorders with Apple- The apple peel water is an excellent medicine for the inflamed eyes both as a beverage and as an eyewash. This beverage is prepared by putting the peelings in a pan, well covered with water. The water should be brought to boiling point and allowed to simmer gently for a few minutes The water should then be strained off and some honey be added to it. The over-ripe apples are useful as a poultice for sore eyes The pulp is applied over the closed eyes and is held in position with a bandage. It is allowed to remain there for one to two hours.
11. Benefits of Apple in Dental Disorders Treatment of Eye Disorders with Apple- Tooth-decay can be prevented by regular consumption of apples as they possess a mouth cleansing property. Dr. T.T. Hanks in his book, Dental Survey, says, “Apples have mouth cleansing property that no other fruit possesses, and taken after meals, they have the same effect as a toothbrush in cleansing the teeth, with the added advantage that the acid content, aside from its nutritive value, is of assistance in promoting the flow of saliva in the mouth, which is also beneficial to the teeth” The acid of the apple also exerts an antiseptic influence upon the germs present in the mouth and teeth when it is thoroughly chewed. Apples are thus regarded as a natural preserver of the teeth and should be taken in all tooth troubles.
Benefits of Apple in Promoting Vigour and Vitality
The apple is the best fruit to tone up a weak and run-down condition of the human system. It removes all deficiencies of vital organs and makes the body stout and strong. It tones up the body and the brain as it contains more phosphorus and iron than any other fruit or vegetable. Its regular consumption with milk promotes health and youthfulness and helps build healthy and bright skin. It has a calming and relaxing effect and is good especially for sedentary workers.
Uses and Benefits of Apple
The apple is generally taken raw and is used as a dessert fruit. Apples can be used as a salad and taken with other fruits or cooked or baked They can also be used in the form of dried apple, apple jelly, apple juice or cider and vinegar. Freshly prepared apple juice is one of the best fruit juices.
Precautions in taking apple or Side Effects of Apple
Apples should not be consumed on an empty stomach as it may lead to indigestion Apples are often sprayed with poisonous chemicals to prevent them from decay, the fruits should be do roughly washed and cleaned in all possible ways before consumption.